Hotlinks are sorted by Trade Leads, International Public Sector Tenders, Global Economic Information, the European Monetary Union, Miscellaneous Export Support Sites, and New York - New Jersey Export Organizations.
Trade Leads and International E Commerce Marketplace
- ETO Electronic Trade Opportunities, Global buy and sell leads from the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, UNCTAD. Not related to United Nations procurement sites listed below. Note: Link defaults to "demand" (buy) posts; sort the resulting archive to activate leads. http://eto.untpdc.org/archives/demand/
- US Agency for International Development, Global Technology Network GTN Export sales leads in agricultural, communications, information, environmental, health tech sectors: www.usgtn.org.
International Public Sector Tenders and Contracts (Procurement) Sites
For general and procurement information on the multilateral development banks, foreign government tenders, and United Nations agencies.
UN Procurement Note: UN agencies demand vendor pre-registration prior to bidding on contracts. Each UN agency maintains its own roster of approved suppliers and has its own registration process. UN rules stipulate that contract awards go to the lowest priced supplier meeting specifications. Companies considering the UN are strongly advised to obtain the UN's General Business Guide available via the hotlink below.
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development,EBRD: www.ebrd.com
- Government of Singapore Internet Tendering Information System, GITIS Information on tenders and contracting from the Ministry of Finance : http://app.internet.gov.sg/gitis/
- United Nations Common Supplier Database, UNCSD is a pilot project with contact info on firms interested in being UN suppliers. Further developments include a range of capabilities from sharing qualification information to procurement statistics. Access to UNCSD is available to organizations in the UN system and also the World Bank. www.uncsd.org
- United Nations Association sponsors UN procurement conferences and publishes a guide to doing business with the UN. View an online slide presentation on UN procurement basics by visiting their site: www.unausa.org/Programs/procure.htm
- United Nations Interagency Procurement Services Office, IAPSO Comprehensive site for United Nations procurement. Features on line ordering of the General Business Guide (the "bluebook" ) and registration process for potential UN vendors. Many other publications available: www.iapso.org
- United Nations Office for Project Services, UNOPS UNOPS provides business opportunities for US capital equipment sales and technical consulting services to support UNOPS projects in underdeveloped countries: www.unops.org
- World Bank Organization (World Bank, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development IBRD and others): www.worldbank.org
Global Economic Information
- Bureau Of Labor Statistics. In addition to government economic reports, has extensive links to foreign government statistical collection agencies.
- Bloomberg International economics, finance, and business news service. FX calculator, euro area, and small business exporter section with video clip on exporting: www.bloomberg.com
- CNNFN International economics, finance, and business news service www.cnnfn.com
- Reuters International economics, finance, and business news service: www.reuters.com
- Fedworld Comprehensive US Department of Commerce website for all federal agencies: www.fedworld.gov
- National Technical Information Service NTIS, US Department of Commerce: International business on line bookstore. http://tradecenter.ntis.gov/
- STAT-USA Export leads, National Trade Databank NTDB, market research reports, and trade statistics from US Department of Commerce: www.stat-usa.gov
European Monetary Union
Europe has always been a key market for New York and New Jersey companies. We want to make sure our exporters are aware of European Monetary Union, Emu, which launched in January, 1999 when the European Union introduced its new single currency, the euro, and took a giant step toward a united Europe.
These sites help international sales and marketing managers, export managers, and finance personnel get familiar with Emu and the euro -both the business details and the big picture.
- Exporters' Guide to the Euro US Department of Commerce, Market Access and Compliance new online guide to selling US products to the new Europe: www.mac.doc.gov/euro/index.html
- Information Society Project Office of the European Commission. Emu impact on small business in Europe, Y2K, and information technology: www.ispo.cec.be
- The US Department of Commerce's site for immediate and up to date information on the European market: www.sce.doc.gov
Miscellaneous Export Support Sites
- Carnets are issued by the US Council for International Business. The Carnet helps exporters by making customs entry abroad easier: www.uscib.org
- 419 Coalition's Nigerian Fraud Site Explains common Nigerian scams and tells what to do about them. Includes newsletter, sample scam letters and extensive links to government agencies, organizations, and industry groups around the world combating this scams: http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/index.htm
New York - New Jersey Export Multiplier Organizations
These not-for-profits provide export assistance and services to local industry, often in cosponsorship with the US Department of Commerce. Check out the organization that supports your area.
lElectronEX Publicizes New Jersey software, hardware, telecommunications, and laboratory equipment companies overseas. Site targets systems integrators, sales reps, importers, distributors, and networking companies around the world. A project of the New Jersey Technology Council and the New Jersey Institute of Technology, NJIT: www.electronex.com
The Westchester County Association. Where Westchester Meets the World.. in partnership with the Westchester County Office of Economic Development, the WCA promotes trade for mid-Hudson valley companies. Through its' World Trade Council of Westchester, the WCA organizes international programs and networking events.
The World Trade Association of New Jersey. The oldest international trade association in New Jersey. Provides forums to meet and discuss trade, offers a business assistance network, and presents monthly speakers. Membership is from New Jersey industry, professions, federal and State trade agencies. Click on logo
NJ Export. NJ export will include information on all New Jersey companies that export products or services abroad. All New Jersey companies that export will receive a free listing on the site. To list your company visit and click on the link "New Company Edit Form".